MathCEP offers a variety of enrichment and outreach programs for students throughout the academic year and summer.
The University of Minnesota Talented Youth in Mathematics Program (UMTYMP) is one of the nation's premier accelerated mathematics programs for students in middle school and high school. See our UMTYMP page for more details.
MathCEP offers enrichment programs that provide students with opportunities to learn and enjoy mathematics. The primary objective is to offer innovative activities focused on a variety of mathematics topics that take students further than a standard school curriculum.
Programs introduce students to the mathematics community and the role the subject plays in society. Students participate in interactive activities, conduct hands-on experiments, and work closely with outstanding instructors and University student mentors.
Although students are challenged intellectually during these activities, the focus is on exploration, allowing students to spend time with others who are interested in math and science and who enjoy challenges.
Academic Year Programs for 2018-19
- Saturday Morning Enrichment Programs. Learn about topics ranging from infinity to origami! Meets four times throughout the year. For students in grades 5-7.
- Math & Science Fun Fair - Not being held in 2018
Summer 2018 Programs
- IMA-MathCEP Math Modeling Camp for High School Students. Use math to analyze real-world situations. For students currently in high school who will have completed a calculus course by June 2018.
- <run>: \the\world Girls' Machine Learning Day Camp, run by MCFAM. Learn how to analyze data from the financial sector, social media, and other sources. For girls entering 11th or 12th grade.
- UMTYMP Summer Camp. Instead of acceleration, our summer camp for UMTYMP student focuses on enrichment, and gives our instructors a chance to share their favorite mathematics with UMTYMP students. For UMTYMP students who are completing Algebra or Math Analysis this year; see the courses' Moodle pages for more information.